With no doubt Playa Blanca is the most popular resort in Lanzarote island. And that is why the visitors of the island are most interested of best places to visit, architecture to see, restaurants to eat and things to do in Playa Blanca resort. Let have a brief look of the best things we can find in this city.
Car Rental in Lanzarote
Every goal for the holidays in Lanzarote island starts and ends with beaches. Visiting seaside with all the stuff of beach and water activities are the key thing to do in Lanzarote. What are the specifics of different beaches within Playa Blanca region? Check this out:
- Playa Dorada beach is one of the most popular in Playa Blanca. It is quite big, very clean, mostly covered by soft sand with and perfect for all water and beach activities. From sunbathing, beach volleyball, swimming and snorkeling. Nevertheless, that will surely be suitable for families as well as for active youth.
- Playa Flamingo, another beach in the coast of Playa Blanca, is located almost in the center of city. It very clean, with crystal clear waters, and very good for the families with children. Guess why? It is quiet small and widely surrounded by mole of rocks. That is why it is usually quiet calm and very safe always worrying mother. Visit, explore and enjoy.
Let move forward for some cultural research. Playa Blanca is old city with old suburbs. And even though it is better known for long beaches, it also contains several objects that must be included in the list if things to do in Playa Blanca:
- Marina Rubicon. Despite not being very old and historical monument, this harbor is really something to look at. Small white houses and plenty of yachts in the ocean all together make you feel cozily. And if visited during the market (held twice a week), you may be able to taste local wine or take handcrafted souvenir home.
- Atlantic museum. Yes, more or less it artificial. However, it still is one the most impressive cultural experience in Playa Blanca. And of the best things to do in this city. Atlantic museum is mostly about diving and coast life. That’s why all the exhibitions are underwater – to explore the diving you have to dive. Clean water of Atlantic oceans and white sand are the great parts of this gallery.
- Pechiguera lighthouse is sort of symbol Playa Blanca itself. Every harbor must contain a lighthouse. Pechiguera is for the Playa Blanca. It is quite new, built from white stone, actively working during every night. This lighthouse is known to be one of the tallest in all Canary islands.
- Castillo de las Coloradas. It was built nearly three hundred years ago. The main purpose of this watchtower was to detect the pirates approaching and to warn the residents with a help of great bell. Nowadays it is one the spot in Playa Blanca that all the tourists desire to visit.
How do you feel about lazy time in each or serious walks among both old and new buildings? Maybe it is time for some entertainment? Check this out:
- Aqualava Water Park is one the top things to do in Playa Blanca for families with children. Yes, we have here great beaches, long cost, enough of seaside activities and so on. However, kids are kids. They want playful environment, huge decorations and another children as a game friends as well. That’s why Water Park is never empty. Well, unless it is closed.
- Los Charcones. All the Lanzarote is about nature. Playa Blanca is no exception at all. One of the spots in this part of the island for nature lovers is Los Charcones – natural pools with a very clear water and lava – formatted edges. Some of them are very deep and great for cliff jumping, while others are so shallow that you can enjoy kind of bathing in the natural pool.
Free hotels reservation in Lanzarote
- Scuba diving and snorkeling are popular probably in all parts of Lanzarote. Some spots with or without guides and equipment rental places you can find in Playa Blanca as well. And if you are in Lanzarote, to dive under the surface of the ocean undoubtedly is one the must things to do.
- Restaurants, cafes, bars and all the other possible activities for the evenings and nights. Playa Blanca is well known for fish dishes, so never miss the chance to taste at least several restaurants while visiting this resort. Caprica cheese farm is something not about ocean life and islanders. Yes, surely it is about local cheese. Caprica farm is a place where you can not only taste, but also explore the process of how cheese is being made. Really great place, especially for whose, who do not like fish and sea food at all.
Is that all the things to do in Playa Blanca? Surely no. That’s a key guide for you and your holidays in Lanzarote island. Even during daily walks in the Playa Blanca itself or outside the resort you will see dozen of interesting houses, yachts, rocks and small beaches, that all will impress you and make you holidays in Playa Blanca full-fledged. But this guide of several must things to do in Playa Blanca undoubtedly will help you to start you visit in Playa Blanca.